NYC Department of Education
Monday, April 23, 2018
Service Desk Phone: (718) 935-5100
HAVING TROUBLE LOGGING ON? RESET YOUR PASSWORD HERE:
After you log in you can:
View or Submit IT Service Desk
View Incident Reports For Your Site
View or Edit Your Site's Asset Data
View or Submit Request for
Type the security code you see above:
Forgot your Outlook ID/Password?
Check out our Step by Step Guide
Useful Information Before Contacting the Service Desk
Before contacting the Service Desk, take a few minutes to go through the following checklist items. This may help you solve your problem and save you some time. Go ahead, try to answer the questions and you might be amazed at the results.
1. Check Connections
– Check all power connections to the power outlet or surge protector. Check the back of the machine for securely connected cables for the power, video, mouse, keyboard, Ethernet cables, etc. Check the Ethernet cable connection to the wall outlet.
– Confirm that the computer is on.
– Shutdown the system. Wait 30 seconds and restart.
– Confirm that you are logged into the network using a valid network account ID and password.
– If the problem is with a DOE application, check other applications to determine if they are working properly. Does the problem happen in just one program, or is it fairly random?
– If the problem is with the Internet, try several other web sites (i.e.
– Check with other users in your area to determine if they are experiencing the same problem. If so, one person should report the problem to the Service Desk.
8. Operating System
– If the problem appears to be with the operating system, save all data immediately.
9. Error Message
– If you receive an error message, write the exact message down and report it to the Service Desk.
10. Last Function
– Make a note of the last function or operation that you completed before the system malfunctioned.
11. Detailed Information
– When you call the Service Desk or submit an online incident, please provide your building room number, phone number, first & last name, asset tag information, make, model, serial number, and a detailed description of the problem. Also provide another person to contact in case you are not in the office when the DOE investigates the problem.
System Access Forms
This site is optimized for: Internet Explorer (IE) 5.0 or greater | FireFox 1.0.6 or greater |(Mac OS) Safari 2.0 or greater
2016 The New York City Department of Education
Provide Feedback about this Site